BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 27, 2014

NCLEX RN examination day

Instead of celebrating my birth day I choose to take my NCLEX exam, I got my ATT last week of april and its been approved 1st week of april, when I called Pearson vue they told me that they already sent it via Email but I never get one, so they sent me again, I got my Att maybe 6-7 weeks before I took my exam, when I checked the appointment online theres not a lot of remaining sluts , May is too soon, maybe 4 sluts on june, 2 sluts on the 3-4th week, and july 1 which is the last day of my att.. so I decided to take my exam on my birth day , for me it’s the best time, forget about the party and gifts I just want to pass my NCLEX RN exam.
after i got my Att i decided to call Kaplan to repeat my online course for i took the online course last December and 6 mos has been already elapse my subscription ended, i was qualified for a guaranteed result so they allow me to repeat the course and im glad i did. 
Glorious day but for me it feels like suffering day lol, I wake up around 6am prayed, read my bible and tried to study but I was so anxious so I stopped and played Facebook to ease my anxiety. Since we checked in the hotel 3mins away from the testing center we left the hotel around 730 am for my 8am appointment.
What to expect in the testing center: as soon you enter the door the staff wll tell you to get the number and wait, its first come first serve basis, your number is usually your set no. too, no cellphone & any digital gadgets are not allowed ( they will sealed the phone in a plastic bag be caution not to open it after the exam give the sealed cellphone to the staff and they will open it to you , the palm print, the requirements and all that, the staff are very nice and friendly , saying good luck to test taker, during the break they will allow you to access food , drinks & medicine.
My experience:  im so anxious, scared yet I do believe in God , a lot of people prays for me and still praying for me, im with God he will help me, I prepared my exam with God, I reviewed with God so I know im gonna make it, my sister & some friends always told me just claim what you prayed for and you will have it and that’s what I did. Getting into the building made my knees week, butterflies on my stomach, I want to cry, I cant explain, so I just prayed hard, the entire exam was 4hours I cant remember how many times I pray, how many times I thank God for helping me every time im so sure that I got it right, at the same time I don’t know how many times I cried out for Gods help & mercy because I don’t know the topic plus the high anxiety im having, theres a time that I want to give up but every time I feel that I told my self the computer doesn’t shut off yet im still on the game, I still have my chance, I prayed again and go on.
During the exam, the que for breaks will appear in your screen 2x or more for me it appears 2x so I took it to eat, drink and take advil & use the rest room and just to have some breaks in the computer according to Kaplan better to take a break, clear your mind or even just to have a deep breath will help a lot.
As I am approaching #75(the minimum exam that any student can get) im praying don’t close yet  please because I know if it will close at 75 I wont make it. As the numbers go up I know that I have a chance, im expecting to stop at 125, waaahhh but it didn’t stop, and then ok maybe 150 I was disappointed again until I gave up expecting I prayed to God “ ok Lord whatever no.it is I know I will make it, we will make it”  the computer still giving me question, until it stops below 200 when it stops I smiled & said “ thank you Lord we did it” from that moment I know I passed, there’s no doubt in my mind.
Every time I took an exam it always proves me that knowledge alone are not enough to pass the exam, its always Gods will prevails. For the things we really wanted we need to work for it, we should deserve it to have it, Lord God will not spoon feed us to have it we should preserver for it.
before i took the exam my sister gave me this verse & i really like it
Jeremiah 33:3 call me and i will answer you, tell you great,incomprehensible things you dont know.
for many months before starting me review i recited this prayer up to the day i took my exam.( last photo) a prayer for St. Joseph of Cupertino for successful examination.
and i really hold on to that, i claimed that i did it and i did. 
For this exam I had a long preparation bt most of those times are not that serious lol..but during those last 6-7 weeks i know i really pushed my self to study hard and focus.
stay tune for my preparation, the materials that I used… & more….
What I wore? in pearson vue they always said wear layers, but no denim jacket, hoodies or any thick covers, they also provide jackets in the center in case the student needs them, no big accessories.
Charlotte top ( the same top when I visited church in Philippines to ask for Gods help & mercy)
Body central jeans
Charlotte russe wedge sneakers
coach bag & aviators

No comments:

Post a Comment