BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

how to extend your closet

HOW TO EXTEND YOUR CLOSET
Quantity doesn’t really count. The most important things are how you put it together. Im a firm believer of this in almost all aspects, for an instance in friendship I don’t collect numerous friends , but I stick to the real ones what’s the use of having tons of friends if they are not real , if they are stabbing your back one real friend is enough who will stick by you and back you up and believes in you.
When it comes to knowledge though you should be more equipped.
When it comes to clothes and personal stuff I tend to collect, since I worked abroad and far away from my family shopping became my outlet, shopping became my happiness and eventually became my hobby I know its bad  and I should stop im trying, and im gonna try harder.
One time I was asked in my blog what will you do if you have only 10 tops & 3 bottoms, 2 shoes and 1 bag?
Ohh well I been in that situation when I was on my elementary grades & high school, having 9 siblings living in a country with a limited income for the whole family shopping was in the back burner. When I was in elementary grades I really tried hard to do well in school because at the end of the school year if I have awards I get new pairs of shoes & clothes, and sometimes during harvest time. When I was in high school & college I need to save my allowance if I want to get new stuff.. so now what im trying to say is that having few stuff is not a hindrance .
So here are my tricks.it works for me and im sure it will work for you too.
  1. When you shop buy classic pieces that you can wear with everything, that suits your job & your life style, for me jeans are very versatile I can wear it with any tops (that’s my usual get up when I was growing up) jeans with, blouses. The classic/ staples you need to have are neutral colors for, jeans/ pants/skirts/shorts/shoes& bags.
  2. Buy neutral color, by that you can pair it with anything. (black, white, brown & grey)
  3. Mix & match my favorite trick ever since, how it works, create numerous outfit out of your stuff let say  skirt/shorts/jeans paired with many tops this really help when you’re travelling, I usually do this when packing for vacation or over the week end trip to maximize the luggage space, all you need is spend time for brain storming.4.Layering, adding cardigans/ blazers/jackets will hide the same shirt you wear the other day plus it is work appropriate, or it can transform your look, from day time to night time let say you wear cardigan/blazer for work and your meeting your friends for a girls night out just remove the layer and you are ready to groove the night. Or you can transform an outfit from summer look to fall/ winter look
            5.Do you know that you can use you swim wear cover or a body suit as a top too.i love this animal print dress because its so versatile that you can wear it as a cover up or a dress depending on how you wear it, & shoes you will pair  with it. left photo was taken 2013 in carnival cruise, right photo was rocking the night, 
            6.Wear thin dress/mini dress a body con as a top under a thick skirt.
7.A steal dress, hmm what is that? Well let say you really need a black dress or any dress but you don’t own one, it’s a good thing if you have somebody to borrow but what if you have none, and you are on a tight budget? What will you do?  If you own a skirt & top of the same color.. BINGO.. you got a dress now.  Remember its always how you carry the dress not the dress carrying you. When i wore this steal dress for church they really love it..
 8.Don’t toss your old stuff especially when you still love them but its out of fashion for the moment don’t worry  because fashion tends to repeat it self all you need is more storage.9.Brain storming, spend time looking on your stuff and create an outfit in your mind or lay them in the bed by that you will know if they look good together or not. I usually do this when im bored & anxious its like a stress reliever for me.
 10..You don’t need expensive clothes to look good. Buy stuff with in your budget and you are comfortable when wearing them.
11.Buy some statement accessories, accessories change & enhance the entire outfit.
      12.Wear belts, a simple belt can change the entire look even of the same sets of clothes.13. A 2 piece dress is better than 1 piece because you can use it for mix & match (trick no.3 ) but if not ,use the trick no 6.
     14.Wear jumpsuits as a short or a top, I love this trick too last year I was into buying jump shorts it’s a good pick though because I can wear it in 3 ways as jumpsuit itself , as a shorts by wearing a top over it, or as a top by wearing skirt over it..
15.Know your needs because we all have different needs, different jobs, different environment and work base on your needs, but having staples in your closet is the best thing and you cant go wrong with that.
16.If you are having a hard time figuring out how to style or create a new look for your stuff use inspiration photos to create a new look for the items you already have. every Wednesday Im posting inspiration photo & how I recreated the look by working out with what I already have in my closet, its fun doing that, if you don’t have all the pieces don’t worry you don’t have to copy everything, just get the idea and work it out. One of the inspiration photo I used  and how I recreated it.17.Buy clearance & SALE items, Hubby always drove me to the mall because he knows that shopping is my happiness sometimes when I see stuff that I love and its too expensive for my budget even though I really like  and I have the money to buy it , yet I need to pass, instead I will wait for couple of weeks, because base on my experience  I was always excited to buy stuff and when I come back after a week or couple of weeks those items are on sale and I feel bad of buying in full price so I  learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment