BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

my DYI

dianneswhereabouts
this is the jumpsuit that i made way back in abha. unfortunately it shrink on me ..lol.. i gain some weight since then i it doesnt fit anymore so i left it home.i made the entire outfit i bought a silk cloth and made a blouse and white skirts  i made that too
i made this jumpskirt too.i made the white lace top
i made my abaya and ist fab lol..from a pleated skirt into a peplum skirt
from a plain bolero to a floral bolero from the cutted hem of my maxi dressmy closet not the latest though bec. recentlyi organized it with styles and colorskitchen utensils into closet of bags and shoes

im a packrat person a real packrat I guess its because I grow up with nothing much in my hand I only have what I need or not even sometimes growing up in a big family is tough I grew up in a hand me down style sort of. And maybe that made me value everything that I have or way back in my childhood days im really an organized person I folded my clothes put them on my small cabinet if u can call that a cabinet ..lol.. I own a crayons more than a year or two its ridiculous as it may sound but its true and at the end of the school year my notebook still looks good as if their new yea that’s me an OC kind of a girl.. until now im like that maybe not as organized as before bec as you grow older responsibilities came you got busy you got chores to do but when it come to my clothes not just my clothes but my shoes and bags as well I do the same organizing and reorganizing them over and over again, by color, by style, by length a dress should be hang with the dress a long sleeves, a cardigan goes together, a blazer and jacket group together too and so on and so fort . and now I finally decided to sort my clothes by colors and style and I also took our kitchen & utensils closet for my bags & shoes thanks goodness my husband don’t said anything…
I kept clothes more than 5 years and believe it or not they still looks good as if new my jeans fades a little bit but still good I usually kept quality clothes and yes price and quality works well. Sometimes I alter my clothes if I got tired of it or if it doesn’t fit me anymore .. I learned to sew when I was 11 yo. My sister was trying to make some babies pillow cases and the likes for her upcoming baby and one day she told me make that ..huh how? I dont know how… and she told me ‘’ apakan mo lang tatakbo yan electric eh’’ ( just step on it , it will run that’s an electric machine) and so I did and it amazed be bec I was able to finished the pillow cases and the likes for my niece. And being a rookie with the new skills ive learned I want to sew everything give me a piece of cloth and I will make you a hunky..lol.. it really interest me. and of course I made a lot of mistakes and accidents too one time im sewing and I sewed my finger nails yes my finger nails as I looked into my fingers I saw a small hole the needle goes thru in it im just lucky the needle didn’t break on me but it doesn’t stop me it only teach me one thing to be more careful and don’t put finger near the running needle. Don’t ask me how many needles I brooked coz. I count them anymore all I know was lots and lots of them.
When I was in college my sister own a sewing machine so I bought some cloth and made some night dress shorts or what ever just to do something.. and when I was in Jeddah kingdom of Saudi Arabia my friend has a sewing machine so I usually evade her room and use it repairing clothes , making some house clothes or what ever just to kill time in that boring place..lol
When I was in khamis mushayt kingdom of Saudi Arabia I bought my own sewing machine bec the agency lied to us they told us that the company will gonna give us uniforms and were lucky we brought some I only brought 2 pairs I guess and its not good for 1 week duty so instead of buying those big uniforms I decided to make my own and it help me killed the boredom in that god forsaking place..lol..and I made some money out of it too ..lol.. there are times that I want this certain jumpsuit but its too big and I cant really find my size ill make mine instead then and I did and nobody can tell that its not pro who made it lol.. of course it takes time for me to do it compared to the professional sewers but im happy and proud to wear something that I made.
Lats feb. I told my husband I want a sewing machine so we went to sears and bought one and its become my toy ever since aside from my computer and tablet , Farmville and candy crash of course. I used t to alter some dress and jeans bec. Im so unfortunate with height so I really need to make an alterations in my dress and jeans well its another way to do the cost cutting right the same way I cut my husband’s hair every week to avoid paying 12-15 USd every week in the saloon aside from sitting & waiting in the saloon bec. he don’t like to wait..were using electric razor with length specification anyway so just run the razor and its done.
Im line with designing and making some clothes here I don’t buy cloth here bec its expensive already so I don’t really made some masterpiece here..lol but I made a lot of repairs and redesigning though.
I had this pleated skirt before actually it’s a 2 piece dress and I didn’t wear that pleated skirt really bec. I think its unflattering to me because my hips is wide so I think pleated skirts don’t really works for me so what I did was I made that pleated skirt into a peplum skirt and peplums are such a trend now. ( April post)
I love repairing and redesigning clothes recently I bought a maxi dress and its too long for me so I cut it and after cutting it I have too much cloth in my hand enough to design some bolero and I did ( my Mondays post).
now that im leaving abroad, sometimes i missed my old stuff and nobody can tell that they are 5 years older i really take good care of my stauff and maybe quantity helps on the process too, bec if you only have 3 clothes the tendency is that you will wear & washed it over and over again but if you have more than enough for a month the gap between reusing the clothes is long and washng them is not often compared of having 3 clothes. my point is that dont think that you dont need that much maybe you dont but it will help to preserve youre clothes.i dont believe when somebody said if you dont wear yout clothes for 3 mos maybe you should toss it away i dont do that bec trend tend to comback after many years and if you kept your old stuff and the trend came back no need to buy right just dig in at the back of your closet

No comments:

Post a Comment